What's Your Status?

Post Event Media | Pictures | Videos | Build Threads
user_name

What's Your Status?

Postby user_name » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:20 am

So who has the car dialed in just waiting for the event, and who is rushing like mad to get ready?

All I've got left to do on mine is up the boost and tune for it. If I'm going to trailer I need to make some custom ramps as well.

5 Liter Eater

Re: What's Your Status?

Postby 5 Liter Eater » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:49 am

You know whats up with me. I've managed to make all of 5# of boost after gettign the car running and the clutch is slipping due to the oil bath it got. New clutch is going in this weekend and needs to be broken in before I can do any real tuning. The intercooler is too low to drive around with and comfortably go up driveways so I need to do some fab on that. One or two smallish leaks that I need to address. Really starting to feel that I won't be able to get it dialed in as much as I would like to before the event never mind dyno'ed.
'05 Vette - Iron Block 408 & TTIX @ 21# for 928 RWHP / 926 RWTark

user_name

Postby user_name » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:22 am

5 Liter Eater wrote:You know whats up with me. I've managed to make all of 5# of boost after gettign the car running and the clutch is slipping due to the oil bath it got. New clutch is going in this weekend and needs to be broken in before I can do any real tuning. The intercooler is too low to drive around with and comfortably go up driveways so I need to do some fab on that. One or two smallish leaks that I need to address. Really starting to feel that I won't be able to get it dialed in as much as I would like to before the event never mind dyno'ed.

It sounds to me like you can address the leaks and clutch this weekend. Intercooler can be done just if you have time. Tuning should be a 1 day deal as far as WOT goes, which is what matters for TI. The dynojet wasn't that helpful for me except to see what power it makes and give me a reference to IDC. Now I have that for this new tune I will do. I think you can get it done.

Jmuck

Postby Jmuck » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Pieces. I just got the engine in mine on Sunday evening. I still have to button up all the engine accessories, bell housing, torque tube, rear end, cradle, finish the fuel line plumbing at the rails, build i/cooler piping, fire it, make sure the belts are all aligned correctly, align it, put a start up tune in it, hope it starts and the engine actually lives (I assembled it myself) and get it tuned. And of course fight off any gremlins that show their ugly face.

02 Z06-- Slow vette
11 F250--Tow pig
14 Wrangler--Wife's D.D
12 CTS--D.D

Auto Accessories Unlimited
Oklahoma's Premier Auto Restyling Store

Flash

Postby Flash » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:27 pm

just about done :D

BlackHorseTurbo

Postby BlackHorseTurbo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:37 pm

I think I'm dialed in. I'm just gonna turn up the boost. :shock:
Porsche 996 Turbo: 3.8L | 175mph Trap Attack Champ 2015 | 3rd Place at King Of The Streets 2012:

White_lightning

Postby White_lightning » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:30 am

Waiting on high performance Spark plug wires to show up.. will dictate if i can run or not.. Hector used them all up last year so they are in short supply:)

5 Liter Eater

Postby 5 Liter Eater » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:44 am

Jez and I thought I was cutting it close... :? Best of luck on fire up. Hopefully you have sprinkled the anti-gremlin dust on it.

Jmuck wrote:Status:

Pieces. I just got the engine in mine on Sunday evening. I still have to button up all the engine accessories, bell housing, torque tube, rear end, cradle, finish the fuel line plumbing at the rails, build i/cooler piping, fire it, make sure the belts are all aligned correctly, align it, put a start up tune in it, hope it starts and the engine actually lives (I assembled it myself) and get it tuned. And of course fight off any gremlins that show their ugly face.

5 Liter Eater

Postby 5 Liter Eater » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:47 am

And if any do show up hopefully they are the firendly kind and their work is easy to fix.

You want these:

If you spill coolant or oil on them after midnight they turn into these like I have:

inspector12

Postby inspector12 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:50 am

Yeah really hope you get it done in time. ME-Well still working daily on it getting real close, but still have a few things to do and like Bill said who knows about tuning??? I'll be happy to make the event with the car LOL! Na I'll make it, it just may not be 100% done or tunned up 100%.

Return to “Multimedia”